Advantages Of Composite Insulators
Posted by Admin on August, 27, 2013
Composite Insulators are usually of two types. One is a composite material of polymer and other is silicone rubber. The polymer generally used for making Composite Insulators is Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer Rubber (EPDM). Silicone Rubber Insulators are widely used in a number of industries. This wide usage of Composite Insulators is because of the intrinsic advantages that Composite Insulators have over other insulators. Some of them are listed below.
- Cheaper – Composite Insulators are less costly than other types of insulators.
- Light Weight – Silicone and composite polymer, both the types of insulators are very light weight. This makes them easy to handle.
- Hydrophobic –These kind of insulators repel water. Therefore, they are perfect for use in any type of environmental conditions even when there are chances of water contact. This property of hydrophobicity reduces chances of current leakage through the insulation when in contact with water.
- Perfect For Use In Polluted Areas –They have high resistance against harmful gases that are usually present in polluted air. This makes Composite or Silicone Insulated Cables give high performance in polluted areas.
- Easy To Handle – These are non-brittle materials. This means there are least chances of damage while handling or transporting them.
- Workable In Natural Calamities – Composite Insulators continue functioning even after earthquakes, landslides, etc.
K M Cables & Conductors is a Karnataka based reputed Manufacturer, Exporter and Supplier of Composite Insulators. The company offers a wide range of products like HT XLPE Cables, PTFE Insulated Cable, Optical Fiber Cable, Porcelain Insulators, Shielded Instrumentation Cable, etc. K M Cables & Conductors is a leading Rubber Insulated Electric Wire Manufacturer In India. The company offers all its products at market leading prices. To know more about the company or to check the details of its products, you can log on to the website www.xlpecables.com.
This entry was posted on August, 27, 2013 at 17 : 30 pm and is filed under Porcelain Insulators. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response from your own site.
November, 30, 2015 at 10 : 50 am
If you're looking into creatine products to improve good tone muscles growth, you
might have heard of the company Adenotrex. Doing this section of your training correctly will not guarantee you results.
I fully grasp this question on a regular basis, phrased this exact way.
November, 30, 2015 at 16 : 05 pm
Great blog! Do you have any helpful hints for aspiring writers?
I'm hoping to start my own blog soon but I'm a little lost on everything.
Would you suggest starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go
for a paid option? There are so many options out
there that I'm completely overwhelmed .. Any recommendations?