Qualities Of Disk Insulator
Posted by Admin on October, 16, 2013
Disk Insulators are widely used in the field of overhead transmission and distribution of electric current. These Insulators are used to connect the Electric Cables with the body of the transmission tower. Typically, they are made of either composites or silicone rubber. Both are non-brittle materials and therefore there remain very low chances of the Disk Insulators getting damaged while installing or removing.
Qualities of Disk Insulator
- Hydrophobic – Disk Insulators are completely suitable for uses in open areas. Rain does not affect their performance because they repel water. This also means there will be no current leakage in the situations of rain.
- High Mechanical Strength – The tensile or mechanical strength of Disk Insulators is quite high so they can endure expansion of wires due to extreme heat in summers.
- Resist Tracking – These Insulators can effectively resist tracking and hence very low line loss is possible.
- Light Weight – The disk shape of these Insulators divides the weight evenly and hence they are light in weight.
- Durability – Disk Insulators are extremely durable and that’s the reason they can efficiently perform even in situations of calamities.
- High Resistance Against Harmful Gases – Disk Insulators do not get affected by chemicals and gases so they are perfectly suitable for applications in polluted environments.
- Easy To Install – Disk Insulators are precision engineered and that’s why they are very easy to install.
- Cheaper – Disk Insulators or Composite Insulators are available at lower prices than any other such product.
- Vandal Proof – Disk Insulators are such devices that vandals cannot easily damage or use them anywhere else.
Buyers can contact K M CABLES & CONDUCTORS to purchase Disk Insulators. It is Karnataka based reputed Manufacturer, Exporter and Supplier of Disk Insulators. The company is a highly trusted Rubber Insulated Electric Wire Manufacturer In India and is well-known for high quality Electrical Products. The contact and product details of the company can be accessed at http://www.xlpecables.com/.
This entry was posted on October, 16, 2013 at 15 : 41 pm and is filed under Disk Insulator. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response from your own site.